The Queen’s Beasts are ten statues which stood guard for the Queen’s Coronation, sculpted by James Woodford RA in 1953. The Queen’s Beasts are still standing, but are currently housed at the Canadian Museum of History in Quebec, Canada. Stone replicas of the statues reside at Kew Gardens, London.
The coin is 24-carat (or 999.9 purity) and contains one ounce of gold. Just like other British currency, this coin is exempt from Capital Gains Tax. Both the obverse and reverse are designed by the Royal Mint’s Jody Clark.
This bullion coin from The Queen’s Beasts Collection is also available as a quarter-ounce gold edition and a silver two-ounce coin.This magnificent 2021 one ounce gold coin featuring the White Greyhound of Richmond is the tenth and final coin in one of the most popular series from The Royal Mint in a number of decades.
- Struck in 999.9 fine gold
- Finished to The Royal Mint’s bullion standard
- Both sides of the coin were created by prestigious designer Jody Clark
- Features a detailed chainmail background
- Exempt from UK capital gains tax for UK residents
- VAT free for non-VAT registered private individuals
- Individually packaged in a single coin capsule