Manufacturer: ROYAL MINT
The Falcon of the Plantagenets is the sixth release in the hugely popular series of the ten Queens Beasts, which originally lined the entrance to Westminster Abbey for the Queens Coronation. The Falcon was adopted by Edward III to display courage and intelligence. Edward the IV later added a fetterlock to The Falcon emblem suggested to symbolise his struggle to win his throne.
The Original 10 statues, sculptured by James Woodford in 1953, stood guard to Her Majesty The Queen’s Coronation. These statues are now housed in Quebec, Canada at the Canadian Museum of History. Stone replicas can be found in Kew Gardens, London.